Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wasty McWasterson

Because of my ever-growing desire to be more environmentally friendly, i have been switching all of my personal debt accounts from paper statements to online statements. In my 13 years of being in debt (yay me!) i have only ever had to reference back to a year-old statement once. I was contesting some kind of charge and it ended up being my fault anyway. I figure that if i have to again in the future, it had better be as easy as the click(s) of a button. Well, my AT&T Universal Card just has to be different... This is the one card i have had since i was 18. I would really like to remain loyal and continue our relationship, but they keep sending me these: (boldness added by me for effect)
Dear CENA M MARTIN:

Your AT&T Universal Card statement is now available at www.universalcard.com. This notification is part of the All-Electronic Program you enrolled in to receive your statements online only instead of the mail.

Blah, blah, blah...

We hope you continue to enjoy the many benefits of the All-Electronic Program.
I know i could try calling them to request that they STOP SENDING ME PAPER, but i would just end up being passed around between departments, wasting my time and theirs. So instead i will let them continue to spend their time sending paper to customers who have requested them not to, and bitch about it online. Hasnt that become the American Way?