Thursday, March 10, 2005

To Eternia and back

I - have - the powaaa! Last night we watched Masters of the Universe, the motion picture. I was unaware this movie existed until recently, and when i came across it dvd shopping i had to have it. I was a huge fan of He-Man, Teela, Man at Arms and the rest as a kid, so i had high expectations for this film. Let me just say, it has left me feeling fuller as a person, but also experiencing a peculiar crush on '87 Dolph Lundgren. He was rockin the platinum blonde mullet, rippling muscles, and really bad acting skills. It also featured Courteney Cox, before she got all anorexic and maternal. Coco's mother was a vision in a pink sweater, jean skirt, and fully hairsprayed hairstyle. I was surprised at the quality of special effects considering the year it came out. It also seems like they spent a lot on costumes, (but not a lot on Dolph's, luckily) it was very entertaining. I did notice the apparent lack of He-Man's trusty tiger side-kick Battle Cat. They must have spent too much on Courteney's harispray and ran out of funding. One of my favorite parts was when the janitor (much of it takes place in present-day) gets punched in the face by one of Skeletor's baddies, and flies backwards into a door. But when the camera angle changes to the other side of the door, he comes flying through face first. Brilliant.

Good journey.