Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Shitstorm

I debated whether or not to talk about all this on my blog. For a second. My father and i have had an estranged relationship for quite awhile now. I can't even tell you why. I have my reasons in my head, but until we even talk to one another, i'll never know. It's to a point where the longer we go without talking the more i don't even want to, and dread the day we actually do. My lovely sister got to talk to him this weekend, (he called her, but not me,) and he had some news to share. My last remaining grandparent, Nana died. A couple of weeks ago, and he waited this long to tell us [her.] He also was diagnosed with a malignant melanoma on his head, and ended up having to have a 5 square-inch piece of his scalp removed. Sounds like my tanning days may be over. I don't know what i will find to replace those 20 minutes of luxury 2 or 3 times a week. I think the part that makes me most upset is that i wasn't even given the chance to attend my grandmothers funeral. Sure, i haven't even seen her in person since i was probably 12, but every year we exchange christmas cards, and she is my family, i loved her. So now i'll go on, with even more reason to despise my father. Not just for not calling, not telling me this stuff in person, but for breaking my heart.